A-Level Maths Quadratic Functions
Everything you need to know about quadratic functions for A-Level Maths. Save countless hours of time!
Quadratic Functions Topics for A-Level Maths
This module will teach you the following:
- Plotting a quadratic function
- Factorising quadratic expressions
- The completed square form
- Quadratic equations
We’ve created 52 modules covering every Maths topic needed for A level, and each module contains:
- An editable PowerPoint lesson presentation
- Editable revision handouts
- A glossary which covers the key terminologies of the module
- Topical mind maps for visualising the key concepts
- Printable flashcards to help students engage active recall and confidence-based repetition
- A quiz with accompanying answer key to test knowledge and understanding of the module
As a premium member, once rolled out you get access to the entire library of A-Level Maths resources. For now, we have made the first five topics completely free of charge for you to get a taste of what’s to come.
A Level Maths Resources Mapped by Exam Board
Once completed our modules can be used with both UK and international A Level examination board specifications.
We will put together comprehensive mapping documents which will show you exactly which modules align to the specification you are teaching or learning.
What Are Quadratic Functions?
Quadratic expressions consists of a coefficient of x2. It is in the form of ax2 + bx + c = 0 where a is a non-zero number, b and c can be any real number.
Plotting a quadratic equation:
- Finding the points at which the curve crosses the axes.
- Find roots to know where the curve crosses the x-axis.
- Find the point at which curve crosses y-axis by substituting x=0.
- Connect the 3 points to sketch the curve.
Factorising quadratic expressions (ax2+bx+c):
- Think of two numbers that when multiplied gives a×c and when added gives b.
- Check the answer using grid method or by multiplying term by term.
Want to Pass Your Maths A-Levels?
Join the waiting list now, get the 5 free chapters of our COMPREHENSIVE A-LEVEL MATHS COURSE and we’ll help you to pass your exams!